Wednesday, December 14, 2011

DJ 2rip – Live @ Transcend

SOURCE

Download Mix Here

From the mouth (hands) of DJ 2RIP:



On Saturday, December 10th some of my good friends at Mushmouth & Slow Kids threw an amazing warehouse rave in Baltimore MD. It was the test party to see if there would be many more to come at this same location. When I walked in to the event I saw a packed room full of hundreds of people. At a glance I would have guessed there to be over 600 people there at 10pm.

B.Rice was playing his signature style of “facemelt” when we arrived. It was a perfectly placed set, with a deep vibe. Not many people know this but B.Rice is one of only a few artists in the entire world that composes and plays this style – and he does it live.

Next up was Malphunktion, who is to you DC area oldskoolers the duo between Ian Denbow & Andrew Prince. They were at one time known exclusively as breakbeat dj’s until they revamped their sound and formed the duo in 2010. Since then they have sought out rare oldskool house music and blended it with new house music to create a diverse style as they alter their sound to create the perfect musical landscape at each and every event that they play.

I was on deck at midnight and was so stoked to play. I’ve been playing show after show and when I’m on tour the crowds tend to expect a certain style from me and when I’m limited to only a 1 hour set I get very pigeon-holed in what it is I need to play. What I love about our local family in Baltimore & DC is that they have been dedicated for so long and have seen me do so many shows that I can afford to experiment each and every time I play locally. Last night I was dead set on bringing progressive house and techno back to the forefront of a peak hour set. This mix was recorded live.

DJ 2rip live @ Transcend on Dec 10, 2011
Tracklisting / Setlist:

Deadmau5 – Aural Psynapse
Sasha – Xpander (Funkagenda Remix)
John Acquaviva & Daniel Diamond – Good Music (Stefano Noferini REmix)
Stefano Noferini – Fucking House Music
Funkagenda & MC Flipside – Nobody Listens to Techno
Robosapiens – Bodies
Robosapiens – Mind Control
Michael Woods – Fruitcake
Michael Woods – Nitro
Mark Knight & Tiesto – Beautiful World
Trisco – Musak (Paul Thomas & Sonny Wharton Remix)
Umel & Beltek – Out Of Play
Digitalism – Circles (Eric Prydz Remix)

DJ 2RIP is available for North American bookings through:

Cyber Groove AM
http://www.CyberGrooveAM.com/2rip.html
Scott@CyberGrooveProd.com

No comments: