Wednesday, December 7, 2011

DJ 2rip – Live mix from Dub Nation on 12/3/11 - DnB/DrumStep/Dubstep



CLICK HERE TO PLAY

This was recorded live from a show I did with Terravita and Grime Syndicate on December 3, 2011. It was Dub Nation, hosted at U Street Music Hall in Washington DC. That’s the city I’m from and while I set forth to always bring the heat, I’ve done a lot of local shows recently so my set had to be a raging fire.

When I arrived at about 10pm the place had a nice size crowd. There wasn’t much movement on the dancefloor because it was apparent that everyone was warming up for the rest of the night which would rage until nearly 3:00am on a Thursday. Everyone was having a great time socializing and sipping on drinks as Grime Syndicate led into a very solid drum & bass groove. It wasn’t hard or bangin, but the basslines were so deep and tasty you damn near wanted to eat them with a spoon. By the end of their set the crowd was pushing more towards the booth and everyone in the place began to get their groove on.

When I walked into the dj booth, David from GS asked me if I wanted him to fade out so I could do one of my intros. My words were, “Hell no! If you guys are rocking drum & bass then I want to do it too!” Drum & bass was the first genre I ever started mixing back in the 90s. I still throw down an occasional all-dnb mix, but typically I work bits and pieces of it into sets. This mix starts out with a good 15 minute run before leading into a pummeling of drumstep, moombah, and dubstep.

Tracklisting / Setlist:

Danny Byrd – Judgment Day
Shrust – The Show
Skorpio & Shrust – Hell
Break – Mason
Davip & Encode – Vamanos
Figure – Super Mega Death Ray
The Damn Bell Doors – Power of Ra (drumstep mix)
Figure – Can’t Fuck With Us
Lincoln Park – Wretches & Kings (Havoc N Deed Remix)
Bro Safari – 5150
Bro Safari – Uncrushable
Porter Robinson – 100% In The Bitch
Kill the Noise – Kill The Noise (Dillon Francis Remix)
Doctor P – Black Books feat. RSK
Bare – Droid X
Porter Robinson – The State (Skism Remix)
Dan Sena – Song Of The Siren (Dirtyphonics Remix)
SP – Barbara Windsor

No comments: