Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NZ Girl Features MC Tali

source

Our favourite: Hot Five Tracks – October

I’m actually SUPER excited about this month’s Hot Five that I’ve made it a Hot Six (we’re only halfway through the month and I’ve already penned this entire post ready for you!!)…

Beyonce - Countdown

OH. MY. GOD. Not only am I IN LOVE with this track but the video has had me permanently plastered to youtube for the past few days. In my opinion, this is Beyonce’s best work yet and doesn’t she look AMAZE pregnant (is she, isn’t she - is it a hoax or not WHATEVER, she looks damn fine!).


MC Tali – Cold Hearted Soul

She hasn’t resided in NZ for almost 10 years and her last (and debut) release was way back in ‘04 so having just gotten to London I was well excited to hear a new album just released from famed kiwi MC Tali (Natalia Sheppard). With my excitement came my equal sadness to hear she was making her way back to NZ at the end of October! Good news for you all back home, bet she’s got some summer gigs up her sleeve…she’s easily one of NZ’s finest musical exports so lap it up and prepare yourself with this delight feat. Amari MC.

P.S. Check out the new album Dark Days High Nights and the acoustic version as well, some fine listening there that could be many a summer soundtrack for you all.



Nicki Minaj – Superbass

I haven’t made short work of the fact I’m not a HUGE Nicki Minaj fan but I’ve sucked up my pride and given in to the cheese and will admit I’m down for a bit of Superbass. That is all.

Wretch 32 – Traktor

Wretch 32 growls over the mic and I hear beats reminiscent of Major Lazor’s Pon de Floor. It’s smooth and so refined. Paving his way through UK hip hop over the last year, his second release Black and White was highly anticipated and well received, he’s been a ‘one to watch’ for 2011.


Lana Del Rey – Kinda Outta Luck

She recently won the Best Newcomer award at the 2011 Q Awards, her debut release Video Game has been HUGE over here but I’m much more inclined to get down to Kinda Outta Luck. She’s like She & Him meets Paloma Faith.


Florence & The Machine - Shake It Out

New album release from Florence on the 31st October in the form of Ceremonials. She’s a coveted nzgirl fave and first release off the album is Shake It Out. Listen. Love.

No comments: